The New Jersey Institute of Technology is pleased to announce that the NJIT Merit Scholarship is currently open for submission of applications. The scholarship opportunity will be providing merit awards for international students who need financial assistance for their education.
NJIT Merit Scholarship will be awarded solely based on merit to students who achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their overall educational qualification. Both international and domestic students are qualified to apply and will be bestowed benefits for the tuition fee of the applied course upon winning this application.
About New Jersey Institute of Technology
NJIT – New Jersey Institute of Technology is a research institution of higher education. NJIT is one of the tops leagues and is ranked #751-800 in QS Global World Rankings 2021. The institution still stands strong because of its dedication to excellence and global impact through education.
New Jersey Institute of Technology launched as Newark Technical School in the year 1885 with 88 students. The school transformed into a classic engineering college, “Newark College of Engineering” and then there was the addition of a School of Architecture in the year 1973, into a polytechnic university that now hosts 5 colleges and one school.
By the fall of 2020, the New Jersey Institute of Technology enrolled up to 11,600 students, 2,000 of whom reside on campus. The school offers 52 undergraduate (Bachelor of Science/Arts) majors and 67 graduate (Masters and Ph.D.) programs. Through its Honors College, it also runs professional programs in Healthcare and Law in partnership with nearby institutions including Seton Hall Law School and Rutgers Medical School.
Why should you study at the New Jersey Institute of Technology? New Jersey Institute of Technology has transformed its primary focus to preparing well-rounded students for leadership posts as professionals and citizens via advanced curricula, dedicated faculty, and broad learning opportunities. It is renowned for providing graduates with a great rate of return on their investment. NJIT is dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and motivating competent and diverse employees to support NJIT’s mission.
Eligibility for the NJIT Merit Scholarships
Once you are admitted as a first-time, full-time freshman, your academic records such as SAT/ACT scores and high school GPA, are reviewed to determine your eligibility for NJIT scholarships. Also, many scholarships require that you demonstrate financial need. To be considered for need-based scholarships, you must also have a processed FAFSA on file for the academic year. Scholarship application forms are available here. Please be advised that the combination of grants and scholarships, generally, cannot exceed the student charges the scholarship was intended to pay such as tuition and fees; and if so, the scholarship amounts may be reduced when other aid on the package already funds such charges.
Most merit-based scholarship programs require that you be enrolled full time and maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Most scholarships are renewable, but some are not. To continue receiving renewable scholarships, you must continue to meet the scholarship criteria as set forth in the scholarship agreement. However, because some external scholarships funds are determined by the value from the market, there could be occasions where a scholarship may have funds one year and not in a subsequent year if the market is unfavorable. Students will be notified if they are impacted ahead of time so that other options are explored.
For most scholarship programs, NJIT monitors whether a scholarship can be renewed after the spring semester. General scholarship requirements are the following:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to apply to any undergraduate programme at NJIT.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled and accepted in a full-time programme at NJIT.
- Continuous full-time enrollment;
- Meet the standards of Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as outlined here.
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA (at time of the annual review in June) and attain a minimum 3.0 GPA for each and every semester;
- Not exceed the maximum terms (4-years for non-Architect students and 5-years for Architect students and 3 years for accelerated programs), including the number of years/semesters you have already taken.
- A combination of grants and scholarships awards does not exceed student bill tuition charges or the amount the funds were intended to pay for. The detailed scholarship policy can be found here.
Benefits of the NJIT Merit Scholarship
The applicants selected for the Merit Scholarships will receive the tuition fee of the applied programme at NJIT for its complete duration.
How to Apply for the NJIT Merit Scholarship
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply to NJIT using the online platform dedicated to applications.
- The applicants are required to apply for the scholarship via ScholarshipUniverse using the NJIT login credentials.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official high school/ college transcripts
- Photocopy of visa and passport along with an application for the Form I-20
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to get ad admission at NJIT.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 6.0
The last day to apply for the NJIT Merit Scholarship is June 17, 2022
APPLY NOW via Official Website