Application for the MTN Foundation Scholarship is now open for 300 level Nigerian students studying in any Nigerian University, Polytechnic, or college of education.
MTN Foundation Scholarship provides financial aid to Nigerian students who may not be able to afford tuition face through their higher education. The telecommunication giant is devoted to recognizing and rewarding students with great potential and academic excellence. MTN Foundation Scholarships, under the Youth Development Cause, is an annual award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions:
Kindly read through this article which provides detailed information about MTN Foundation Scholarships before heading on to apply under the appropriate category.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship is divided into the following sub-categories:
MTN Science and Technology Scholarship,
Currently in its 12th year, is open to eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology-related courses, in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 300 successful students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
MTN Scholarship for Blind Students
In its 10th year is targeted at qualified 200 level blind students studying any course in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). 60 successful blind students are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually till graduation if they maintain the required grades.
Top 10 UTME Scholarship
Commenced in 2020, is the latest addition to the MTN Scholarships. Every year the top 10 scoring candidates of UTME as announced by JAMB, automatically qualify for the top 10 UTME scholarships. The successful candidates are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 from their 100 level through to graduation if they maintain the required grades. The Top 10 UTME Scholarship is awarded irrespective of the successful candidates’ preferred course of study or Tertiary Institution – Public or Private in Nigeria.
It is worthy of note that the MTN Foundation has awarded over N3Billion in scholarships to 4,212 students from inception to date. Upon graduation, each scholar takes part in the MTNF Skill Up Training to ensure they are well equipped to compete and add value to Nigeria’s labour market. They are also exposed to other opportunities for training and certification such as PMI (Project Management Institute). As members of the Alumni chat group, they are also provided with information regarding job opportunities and other information of importance to their careers.
For details of new and existing beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme in the Science & Technology Scholarship, MTN Foundation Scholarship for Blind Students, and Top 10 UTME Scholars categories, click the files below.
MTN Science and Technology Scholarship, currently in its 12th phase, is open to eligible 300 level students studying Science & Technology-related courses, in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
Submitted details will be carefully checked and verified. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Proof of CGPA(For undergraduate students)
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply
To apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit MTN scholarship official website and select a form for the eligible category.
- Fill out the form for the category you select (The Scholarship Application form Contains over 5 Sections which include; personal information, UTME Information, Course Information, and Family Background)
- Start with your personal information(Your surname, First Name, Middle Name, Gender, date of birth, and others)
- The second section covers Personal Address, email, phone number, and passport upload. Make sure you follow all instructions written in each field of the form.
- Once you’re done filling and reviewing the completed form, Tap on “SUBMIT”.