KKR Small Business Builder has opened its portal and is ready to welcome applications from small business owners for the 2022 Grant for Entrepreneurs!
To successfully apply for this grant, it is highly recommended that you read through this article – read through the eligibility criteria, requirements, how to apply, and application deadline.
Since 2020, KKR has awarded 278 small businesses with $10,000 grants through its Small Business Builders program. A key pillar of KKR’s COVID-19 Relief Effort, the Small Business Builders (SBB) grant supports entrepreneurs and their small businesses around the world. The program is designed to help business owners sustain their enterprises, maintain or create jobs, and spur economic opportunity as they respond to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
About KKR Small Business Builders Grant
For more than 40 years, KKR has strived to build better companies and better futures for our investors. At our core, building better is what we aim to do.
We believe in the power of business to drive strong economies, provide local jobs, and support thriving communities. All big businesses were once small businesses, and while KKR’s day-to-day focus is investing in and growing large companies, we recognize the critical importance of small businesses. They are important. And right now, due to the impacts of COVID-19, many of them are in crisis.
In response, KKR is proud to launch the KKR Small Business Builders fund. KKR Small Business Builders will provide recovery grants to local companies in communities around the world. We believe that now is the time to invest in our neighborhoods and neighbors in a new way. We believe that, together, we can be builders.
Benefits of the KKR Small Business Builders Grant
- Provide access to capital through a series of $10,000 grants to selected small businesses in our communities
- Offer technical support to small business owners through a range of mentoring and coaching opportunities with KKR employees
- Connect small businesses to a network of resources and a thriving online community through our partners at Hello Alice
Eligibility and Focus on Impact
KKR Small Business Builders has an emphasis on companies that are pivoting their business in response to the pandemic; are operated by historically underrepresented groups (HUGs); and/or are providing important community services.
- Be owned (51%+) by a woman or woman-identifying individual
- Be a for-profit business operating in at least one of the following countries: Australia, China, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, and/or the United States
- Must have a minimum of five (5) employees and a maximum of fifty (50) employees
- Must have annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD, demonstrated need for support, a strong plan for moving forward, and be in good standing with the IRS or their local regulatory body.
For more information on eligibility, please visit the application page.
How to Apply for the KKR Small Business Builders Grant
Eligible candidates are required to visit KKR Small Business Builders’ official application webpage and apply for the grant and endeavour to fill all the required fields and provide every necessary document.
Applications for the KKR Small Business Builders Grant Program for Female Founders opened on March 8, 2022, at 9 a.m. ET and will close on April 20, 2022, at 6 p.m. ET. Applications will be reviewed by a panel according to the review criteria outlined in the Terms & Conditions. Recipients will be notified by email and publicly announced in early June 2022.