This article is dedicated to sharing information on one of the best fully funded international scholarships in the world. I am delighted to introduce to you the BEST-KNU Scholarship offered by the Kangwon National University in South Korea. The scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships for international students to study abroad.
The university has opened its online portal for international students worldwide to apply for scholarships to undertake a master’s or doctoral degree in all courses offered by the institution.
About BEST-KNU Scholarship
The BEST-KNU scholarship is designed to attract, and help foster the quality of professors’ research and improve the status of excellent foreign graduate students. The selected students will be conferred with a monthly stipend and accommodation depending on their grades.
About Kangwon National University South Korea
Situated in Gangwon-do in South Korea, Kangwon National University is a public university established in 1947 in Chuncheon. The university was then extended to a comprehensive university in 1978. It serves as the flagship institution representing Gangwon-do.
The university aims to train the creative pioneers of the biomedical fraternity and biomedical science of the 21st century along with global talents with integrated leadership.
As for the Kangwon National University ranking, the university ranks 23rd in South Korea and 728 in the world.
Benefits of the Best-KNU Scholarship
- Full tuition fees
- Medical insurance
- support four semesters for master/doctoral courses, eight semesters for the combined course
- Dormitory fee (including meals) payment or payment of the equivalent amount to the student
- Support at least KRW 200,000 won allowance per month
To be eligible for the NEXT-KNU Scholarship, the application must be:
- An international student of foreign nationality.
- The student must have obtained an 80/100 score or be in the 20% best during the last year in his previous school
- Students from non-English speaking countries must provide TOPIK 3 or higher. (It is necessary to acquire over TOPIK level 4 before graduation) or with the English Proficiency Test Score (TOFLE530, CBT197, iBT71, IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2, TEPS 600, NEW TEPS 327, TOEIC 700)
- It is unnecessary for the applicants from the countries whose native language is English (US, Canada, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland).
- BEST-KNU applicants should earn over 6 credits for the late semester and meet the minimum GPA (over average 3.5) to receive the scholarship
How to Apply
Interest international students who will like to apply for the BEST-KNU Scholarship offered by Kangwon National University in South Korea to undertake a Masters or Doctoral programme at the university should visit the official application portal.
Deadline for Applications for BEST-KNU Scholarship
The deadline for the application for BEST-KNU Scholarship by the Kangwon National University is 27th November 2022.