Credible rumors have surfaced online, according to which God of War: Ragnarok will receive an expansion.
- The source of this information is the Spanish website Areajugones, which has a good reputation for such reports. Its editors cite a confidential source at Sony.
- Interestingly, according to these rumors, there are good chances that it will be something like Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, i.e. a large standalone expansion, which is something between DLC and a sequel.
- Areajugones' sources did not tell editors when the project will be announced. However, they predict that it could happen at this year's The Game Awards, scheduled for December 7.
The expansion for God of War: Ragnarok would come as somewhat of a surprise, as the previous installment in the series did not receive any DLCs. On the other hand, considering how long it has been since the release of the latest installment, the standalone nature of the expansion makes sense.
Recall that God of War: Ragnarok debuted last November on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and the game proved to be a huge success - sales exceeded 11 million copies a few months after its release.
In addition to the potential DLC, many gamers are also waiting for the announcement of the PC version of God of War: Ragnarok. Sony has so far not officially confirmed that such a port is being made, but it seems obvious. The Japanese company has been eagerly porting its biggest hits to the PC for some time, and the previous installment turned out to be a big success on Steam. The aforementioned The Game Awards in December seems like a good time to announce the PC release of God of War: Ragnarok.
- God of War Ragnarok Review: Godlike Perfection
- God of War Ragnarok - game guide